How We Collect Your Personal Information
When you visit our website
You may visit our website and have access to certain features without disclosing Personal Information.
In these cases, our web servers collect the name of the domain that you used to access the Internet (for example, "aol.com" or "yahoo.com"), the website you came from and proceed to.
We may select third-party companies that perform services on our behalf and use this information to measure the number of visits, the average time of each visit, which pages are visited and general statistics about the use of our website. We may also use this information to check the performance of the Website and to make it easier to use.
We may compile statistics about our customers, sales, frequency of visits and services and share these statistics with third parties.
You may need to register to access and use other features such as the Online Compensation Application Service. Once you have registered as a member, we may collect Personal Information each time you visit our website.
If you make a compensation application, we may be required to collect Personal Information from you in order to process your case.
Please note, however, that if you choose not to receive cookies, you may not be able to use some of the features of our website.
We may collect Personal Information in other ways (such as from forms you filled out when you applied for insurance and reported cases, calls and emails from third parties such as witnesses and medical experts).
What kind of Personal Information we collect
Depending on your relationship with us, Personal Information we collect may include:
- General identification and contact information such as your name, address and other contact details as well as date of birth.
- Health-related information such as your current health condition, details of any injuries or disabilities, and medical history.
- Financial information such as details about your bank account as well as about credit history.
- Other sensitive information such as religious beliefs and possible criminal convictions.
- Your marketing preferences in accordance with your instructions.
- Information that enables us to offer you other products and services.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to:
- Process your insurance application
- Process all your cases you may report.
- Send you information about your insurance contract
- Offer improved quality, training and safety.
- Enforce market research.
- Provide you with marketing information (including information about products and services offered by selected third parties) in accordance with your marketing preferences.
- Comply with applicable laws and legal regulations.
- Establish and defend legal rights.
- Prevent, detect and investigate crimes, including fraud and money laundering.
We do not share Personal Information with third parties for any purposes other than those described above. For example, we do not sell Personal Information to third parties who want to market their products and services to you.
Information about children
We do not offer insurance contracts or service contracts to underage children or collect information about them on purpose. We seek to cancel a service agreement, refund the premium or payment, and to delete the details of such individuals when a parent or guardian notifies us that personal information has been obtained by their children in this context. However, certain information about children may be collected and used in connection with an insurance case or with the offer of a service, for example when this is relevant to the circumstances of the insurance case or service contract and related vulnerabilities.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share information we collect with other organizations and companies as described below. We require the organizations with which we share information to use the information only for their intended purpose. Information may be shared with the following third parties:
- The company that grants and signs your insurance contract.
- The company that reinsures your insurance contract.
Legal basis for using your information
We collect, use and share your Personal Information for the following reasons:
- The collection and use of Personal Information is necessary to enforce your insurance or service contract, for example, to administer your insurance, process notification cases and provide relevant services.
- The collection and use of Personal Information is necessary for the execution of your insurance contract that you entered into with another company, so that we can provide assistance or services and/or pay compensation to you, as these are benefits processed and implemented by us.
- The collection and use of Personal Information is in our legitimate interest, such as to run our business, process cases, offer services, respond to inquiries, maintain records of communications, handle complaints, enforce compliance with our terms and conditions and investigate fraud.
- Collection, Use and Sharing of Personal Information for the purpose of conducting sanction control.
- Sharing of Personal Information is done in the legitimate interest of the receiving third party, such as our business partners who audit us or third parties who handle matters under our insurance contracts.
- Collection, use, or sharing of Personal Information to comply with a legal obligation, such as when required by our legislators or law enforcement authorities.
- We obtain your consent, in particular for communications for direct marketing and, in certain circumstances, for the sharing of your Personal Information.
Security of collected information
We have strict physical, electronic, and administrative security devices in accordance with applicable standards to prevent anyone from gaining unauthorized or inappropriate access to your Personal Information. We restrict access to Personal Information to employees and service providers who need this information to answer your questions or fulfill your requests.
We use encryption and verification tools to protect the information we collect on our website. However, communication via email that takes place outside of our website may not be protected. If you want to send highly confidential information, such as credit card numbers, it may be better to call or send the information by regular mail instead of email.
We have developed an adequate process to identify and communicate each security incident within 72 hours and to resolve it within a reasonable time.
Retention of Personal Information
Your Personal Information will be retained for as long as the purposes stated in this policy require. This includes the retention of certain Personal Information upon termination of our relationship, in particular to resolve any disputes and for ongoing or future legal proceedings and to maintain data about our services, and otherwise comply with our legal obligations and defend our statutory rights.
We are committed to keeping your Personal Information secure, confidential, accurate and effective for this period of use.
At the end of the retention period, the Personal Information relating to you will be anonymized or destroyed.
Your marketing preferences
We may use and occasionally share your Personal Information to the extent permitted by marketing laws and other applicable legislation that improves or extends the services we may offer you. You can choose to opt out at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or calling us on 08-502 520 63.
We also regularly offer you opportunities to refrain from this.
- E-mail: If you no longer wish to receive marketing emails, you can opt out by clicking on the "opt-out" link provided in each email or by contacting us in accordance with the instructions above.
- Text messages/telephone communications/mail: You can opt out of these by contacting us in accordance with the instructions above.
Please note that we cannot delete your Personal Information from third party records to which information has already been assigned. Even if you choose not to receive marketing messages, we will send you important administrative messages.
International Transfer of Personal Information
Sensitive information may not be transferred outside the European Economic Area without you being notified prior to such transfer and giving your consent.
Third Party Websites
We are not responsible for the content, security, or methods of collecting information on a third-party site, including those to which our site links you. You should carefully read the privacy policies of each website you visit for information about how they collect, use, and share information.
Your statutory rights
In accordance with data protection legislation, you have the right to:
- Receive a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you, along with other information and how we process it;
- Request correction of inaccurate data, and in certain circumstances request that we delete or restrict the use of your data, or otherwise object to our processing of your data for direct marketing or for reasons relating to your particular situation;
- Object to a processing on your Personal Information;
- Request that your Personal Information be changed;
- Request that your Personal Information be deleted;
- Obtain a copy or have a copy sent to another company (transferability of data) (In machine-readable format) of Personal Information obtained by us, in which case we process it electronically based on your consent or when it is necessary to fulfill our agreement with you. Such data may be transferred to another Data Controller (such as another insurer);
- Submit a complaint about how we process your data to the Data Inspectorate. Please visit www.datainspektionen.se for further information on how this can be done.
- Withdraw any consents you have given us with respect to the use of your Personal Information at any time. This includes consent to receive direct marketing.
- Please note that there are certain limitations and exceptions to these rights that we may use depending on the circumstances.
Address: AXA Partners – Credit & Lifestyle Protection Attn: Janne Viitamaki, Box 7439, SE-103 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Changes to this Policy
Last updated: 21.11.2022